5 Great Ways to Make Money Online
NOTE: If you are reading this on a website other than WorkAtHomeSuccess.com, you are reading stolen content.
It has come to our attention that HomeBasedJobs.us is infringing on WAHS’s registered copyright by posting all our content onto its site and it has ignored our cease and desist messages. Please don’t support sites that steal content from other websites. You can read the original content at WorkAtHomeSuccess.com.
The Internet has not only changed how people work and run home business, it has created entirely new income options. With the Internet, making money at home is easy. That’s not to say that internet-based income is automatic or doesn’t require work. Instead, it provides tools that if used correctly, can have anyone making a good income from home. Here are some of the best online income opportunities.
1. Writing – If you can string words together, there are a host of income options available to you. Businesses are paying writers to create articles, reports, books, ads, sales letters, emails, and blog posts. Many of these companies are posting their jobs online and providing ongoing work for the write writer. Or you can start your own writing business. Here’s a list of how you can use words to make money online:
- Freelance Writing
- Information Products (ebooks etc)
Check out WAHS University Courses in Blogging, Information Products, Online Freelance Writing and Ebook Writing to learn more about these methods of earning an income online.
2. Affiliate Marketing – This method of making money online is low cost and easy, but highly misunderstood. People trying to sell you a program often say it’s a “3-click” make automatic money, method or try to pass it off as a typing job. Affiliate marketing is a viable way to make money, but it’s not automatic and it’s not a job. Affiliate marketing involves earning money by promoting other businesses’ products and services. Success in affiliate marketing, as in any business, is in the marketing. People can’t use your affiliate links if they don’t see them. Most successful affiliate marketers use a website or blog to provide information and promote products in a specific niche.
Check out WAHS University Courses Affiliate Marketing Success for details on how to make money through affiliate marketing.
3. Virtual Assistance – If you have good office support skills and the needed tools and equipment, virtual assistance work may just be for you. Many businesses are outsourcing tasks they don’t want to do or don’t know how to do. These tasks can include everything from email management, follow up contact with clients, scheduling, website management, ghost writing, web design, research and much more. Some virtual assistants focus on a target market, such as Realtors or authors. Others focus on providing a niche service, such as blog management.
Check out WAHS University Courses Becoming a Virtual Assistant for step-by-step instructions on becoming a VA.
4. Online Storefront– The success of Amazon.com and eBay indicate that people do a significant amount of shopping online. You can take advantage of this by opening your own online store. Options include selling your home-made items, finding used items to sale, or using wholesalers who will provide you with products that you can resale for profit. You can sell your wares at Amazon, eBay or Etsy, or create your own storefront website.
5. Be an Expert – People go online to find information or support. There are a variety of ways you can provide this information and support, and get paid. Virtual tutoring and coaching are expanding fields. Or you can create your own informational products and training materials to sell online as a one off purchase or through a membership site. Another option is to get work as a subject expert at a content-based website like About.com in which you write articles and blog about your area of expertise.
There are many more ways to make money online include web design, graphic design, offering a service (i.e. bookkeeping) and more. That’s what’s great about the Internet. It has everything you need to create a home-based income doing something you’re great at or enjoy. You can find virtual work or create your own virtual business, as well as find a host of free and low cost web-based tools and resources to make it happen. While nothing will work overnight or run itself, working online can be simple and straightforward. All you need is your imagination, desire, and the willingness to do the work.
Leslie Truex is an ideaphoric writer, speaker, entrepreneur, social worker and mom trying to do it all from the comfort of her home. Since 1998, she's been helping others create careers they love by providing work-at-home information and resources through Work-At-Home Success.
Note: Work-At-Home Success contains advertising as well as screened work-at-home jobs and resources. Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you register or buy using the link. Occasionally, WAHS publishes "Supporting Contributor" posts or paid reviews for which compensation is paid. These posts are marked as such. All opinions are my own. Click here for full details and disclosures.