Affiliate Marketing 101
Affiliate marketing is one of the fastest, easiest and affordable ways to start earning an income online. However there is much more to affiliate marketing than signing up and posting your affiliate link. Just like any other work-at-home venture, starting and running an affiliate marketing business requires research and planning.
Affiliate marketing involves promoting other companies’ product and services and receiving a commission when one of your referrals buys. One of the first online affiliate programs was Amazon’s Associates program. Amazon understood that people talk about books they like. It also understood that paying someone a small percentage of the sale after a sale is made lowered upfront marketing costs and reduced overall marketing budget. Other businesses saw the genius of this strategy and adopted it as well.
Although you don’t need a website or blog to make money through affiliate marketing, most people who make the big bucks have a web presence usually in a specific topic or area. For example, if you’re interest is in cooking, you can have a cooking blog on which you promote cooking utensils, recipe books and other stuff related to cooking.
Being profitable as an affiliate marketer requires:
1) Choosing quality products or service to promote.
2) Establishing yourself as someone who’s knowledgeable about the items you promote through a website or blog, social media or other forums.
3) Developing and implementing a marketing plan.
Get more details on how to become an affiliate marketer from the articles below:
See all posts at Work-At-Home Success Related to Affiliate Marketing.
Recent Posts on Affiliate Marketing
[postsbycategories array1cat=”affiliate-marketing” sortby=”date” order=”DESC” posts_per_page=”200″]
Become a Super Affiliate – Work-At-Home Success University offers a step-by-step course, Affiliate Marketing Success.
The four week, self-paced email course that covers:
- What is affiliate marketing?
- How to determine if your idea is a money maker.
- How to choose products or services to market.
- Free resources and affiliate marketing options.
- Why and how to build a list.
- How to use squeeze pages and blogs to make money with affiliate marketing.
- Other monetization options.
- Marketing your affiliate products and services with little to no money.
Start your super affiliate career today by getting the knowledge, training and step-by-step action plan at Work-At-Home Success University: Affiliate Marketing Success