Everybody is knowledgeable about something. Odds are you know something that someone else is willing to pay to find out. There are many ways to make money with your knowledge including creating information products or blogging. However, if you’d rather not go through all the time it takes to set up an information sales website and/or blog, and instead tap into a service that will host and process the payment of your knowledge, here are a few places you can try.
Most of the options below are free (they take a cut of the payment when you make a sale). Further, they’ll host you, process payments and assist in the delivery. Some programs allow you to instruct by email, while others set up telephone or video call time.
- BrainMass – Academic subjects. Requires masters or PhD.
- Clarity – Business advice.
- Createpool Consolidation of 4 sites, academic, programming, auto repair and legal.
- Ether – Open to any topic. You can set your own price and you can sell digital products, as well.
- Expertory– Create videos that you can then sell by subscription or rental.
- Maven – “Microconsulting” site where you answer questions in many areas.
- Odijoo– Create, teach and sell your own courses.
- Popexpert – Offer virtual video coaching in many areas including relationships, career, business and more.
- Presto Expert – Answer questions in categories of technology, counseling, education, health, design and business.
- Udemy– Offers course creation tools and a platform to teach and sell your knowledge.
Leslie Truex is an ideaphoric writer, speaker, entrepreneur, social worker and mom trying to do it all from the comfort of her home. Since 1998, she's been helping others create careers they love by providing work-at-home information and resources through Work-At-Home Success.
Note: Work-At-Home Success contains advertising as well as screened work-at-home jobs and resources. Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you register or buy using the link. Occasionally, WAHS publishes "Supporting Contributor" posts or paid reviews for which compensation is paid. These posts are marked as such. All opinions are my own.
View complete details on WAHS' privacy and disclosures.