This post may include affiliate links or compensated content. Click here for our disclosure policy
By far the most email I get is regarding work-at-home jobs. I can understand the appeal. Jobs provide steady income and often benefits. The problem that people have is that they think work-at-home jobs are different than traditional jobs. For this I blame the scammers who tell you that for a fee you can sign up and work-at-home. Because many people don’t understand work-at-home jobs, they fall for these schemes. And because they look for the wrong types of work (i.e. typing) in the wrong places, they rarely find the real work. If you want a work-at-home job, here are a few important things you need to know:
1) You can’t just sign up for a job. Like traditional jobs you have to go through an application process and be the best qualified candidate.
2) You won’t work at home stuffing envelopes, assembling crafts, processing email, processing payments, doing surveys, typing, doing data entry, etc.
3) Work at home jobs usually have the same titles and descriptions as other jobs, they’re just done virtually. I find jobs regularly for administrative support, transcription, teaching, writing, accounting, nursing, and more.
4) “Jobs” that ask for money are not jobs. Many business opportunities will use the word “job”, which I feel is desceptive because my definition of a “job” implies employment. Scammers often use the term “job” to sell their scams. But if you keep this rule in mind, you should stay safe–> Never pay to get hired.
Hare a few tips to getting a work-at-home job:
1) Start with the skills and experience you have. Like getting a traditional job, you need to be qualified to get hired.
2) Search for jobs that need your skills and experience. Ignore all the sign-up-to-type ads and instead look for work the same you’d look in the traditional work world.
3) Tailor your resume to fit each job you apply to. The competition is fierce for work-at-home jobs. Increase your chances of success by submitting a resume or application that connects your skills to the needs of the employer.
To get free work-at-home jobs, visit Work-At-Home Success each weekday. Also, sign up for the newsletter to get even more work-at-home jobs and a free report on Jobs Online.