A message came across Twitter the other day, in which the person was saying that all the jobs she was finding required someone who lived locally. While many work-at-home jobs do ask for someone who lives in a specific area, many are open to anyone in the U.S. Some are even open to applicants worldwide.
Below are companies that are frequently hiring remote workers from across the United States (and some across the world). They are listed in alphabetical order, and indicate the type of work-at-home jobs they offer. Note that not all may be hiring right now.
3. Amazon Mturk (USA, Australia, Canada, and the UK)
4. American Express (customer service/travel help)
5. AccuTran Global (transcription, translation, editors)
6. Appen Butler Hill (transcription, web and social media evaluation, language, etc)
7. Apple (customer service, support)
8. Arise (customer support, business op)
9. Automattic (customer support, marketing, tech jobs, graphic design, etc)
10. Avant Page (translation)
12. Cactus Global (transcription, translation, editing)
13. CCI International (Customer Service)
14. Click N Work (data entry, web research, writing, etc)
17. Dell (some jobs are in specific locations)
19. Language Line (translation, interpretation)
20. Leapforce (search engine evaluation)
21. Lionbridge (search engine evaluation)
22. Modsquad (online moderators)
25. Scribendi (editing, proofreading)
26. Scribie (transcription)
27. Smart Thinking (tutors)
28. Transcom (customer Service)
29. TeleTech (customer service)
30. U-Haul (customer service, roadside support, etc)
31. Userlytics (website testing – Learn more about website testing)
32. UserTesting (app and website testing)
34. VoiceLog (customer service)
35. Working Solutions (customer services)
36. Worldwide 101 (admin and virtual support, bookkeeping)
37. Xerox (customer support, tech jobs, etc)
Looking for More Nationwide Work-At-Home Jobs?
If you need more options, consider checking out FlexJobs which has hundreds of screened work-at-home and flexible job listings.
[bctt tweet=”37 Nationwide Work-At-Home Jobs #workathome #telecommute” username=”@truex”]
Leslie Truex is an ideaphoric writer, speaker, entrepreneur, social worker and mom trying to do it all from the comfort of her home. Since 1998, she's been helping others create careers they love by providing work-at-home information and resources through Work-At-Home Success.
Note: Work-At-Home Success contains advertising as well as screened work-at-home jobs and resources. Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you register or buy using the link. Occasionally, WAHS publishes "Supporting Contributor" posts or paid reviews for which compensation is paid. These posts are marked as such. All opinions are my own.
View complete details on WAHS' privacy and disclosures.