Work/Home Balance…if you’ve been online any amount of time you’ve most likely heard of the “work/home life balance” or “balancing work and home”. Well, I’ve got a few insights to share with you…trust me, they will be brief simply because I know you’re busy.
5 Simply Ways To Build Your Business While Employed At Your Day Job
- There’s no such thing as “balance”, in order to see productivity in your business, while working a “j-o-b” and caring for your family, you have to be okay with having dirty dishes and fast food every once in awhile.
- Find your soulmate…uhmmm, not the romantic type of soulmate, I’m talking about the business kind, such as virtual assistant, graphic designer, ghost writer…you know, the kind of person that will just “blend” perfectly with your Vision, Mission and Goals. (Please tell me you have written out your business V,M,G’s right?)
- Start with your end in mind, then plan accordingly. If you are trying to replace your current income with a work from home career then you’ll want to write down how much income you need/desire, how many hours you’re willing to put in each day, what support team you’ll need (after all, the most successful entrepreneurs have a team of talented support personnel, why shouldn’t you?), and what your exit plan will be.
- Study everything you can! If you are part of a network marketing business (consumer direct, party plan, etc) you’ll do yourself a huge favor by attending as many online and in-person trainings as possible.I know that it can be a huge struggle to attend these types of events if you’re still working your day job, just do your best to attend events on your days off. Your future will thank you for it!
- Schedule your day the best you can. Be okay with crockpot meals and casseroles, and occasional “cereal” for dinner. Life was meant to be lived and that doesn’t mean “perfectly”
Stephanie Grams, Ohio Blog Lady helps you create a beautiful, money making blog. Stephanie offers blogging solutions to new, seasoned and struggling blogpreneurs. Call Stephanie 812.827.8739 to schedule your blog consultation or visit her website StephanieGrams.com
Note: Work-At-Home Success contains advertising as well as screened work-at-home jobs and resources. Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you register or buy using the link. Occasionally, WAHS publishes "Supporting Contributor" posts or paid reviews for which compensation is paid. These posts are marked as such. All opinions are my own.
View complete details on WAHS' privacy and disclosures.