This post may include affiliate links or compensated content. Click here for our disclosure policy
Work-At-Home Experts share their best ideas for easy work from home.
Are you curious about working from home, but feel overwhelmed by all the choices and steps? While working at home may have many moving parts, it’s not as complicated as you might think. We asked our experts to share their ideas for each work from home options. Let us know if you have any other suggestions, and good luck.
1 ) Become a freelancer on Upwork: Upwork is a great platform where you can easily start and offer your services. For example, if you’re a writer, you can create a profile and start bidding on writing projects. In the beginning, you’ll get low-value projects, but as you keep on completing projects, your profile gets stronger and you can command good money (either per hour or per project).
2. Start a blog: There are many ways you can make money from a blog while working from home. It will take some time to build traffic and authority, but once you have traffic, you can consider many ways to monetize it (such as creating info product or recommending affiliate products, etc).
3. Become a virtual assistant: A lot of people are looking for virtual assistants. You can join groups related to online business and entrepreneurship. You will often find people looking to get some outside help by hiring virtual assistants and passing on some work to them. Simple stuff such as managing emails or social media can be done from home as a VA.
Teach something you know online. On sites like TakeLessons, you can create a free teacher profile and start selling private lessons via webcam. Whether your skill is knitting, Spanish, or guitar, all you have to do is set your rates and availability.
1) Use your social media contacts to advertise your services. Reach out to friends and family and let them know that you are available and what services you can provide.
2) If you are crafty, use websites like Etsy to Ebay to sell your products.
3) If you are a writer, check out websites that will pay you for articles or use websites like Upwork to get in contact with clients that are looking for writers.
4) Do odd jobs like yard work, babysitting, or running errands to get some cash flowing.
Suddan N Shanmugasundaram
1) There is humongous demand for Content Writers (for Web,App) anywhere, as long as the person can write good emails, content (story telling), they can make lot of money in this space. You can start building your profile in Upwork.com or Freelancer.com and once you build a portfolio of clients, you can create your own startup.
2) Social Media Marketing- If you are someone with social media skills, you can help Small Businesses promote their products/service in Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other channels. This is an area where lot of SMB companies are getting into this space and you can charge a Subscription based payment plan.
1) Amazon shop. It’s so easy to sell on Amazon Prime now and create a great passive income source. Start by listening to some of podcasts or reading blogs about it, then source some products from Alibaba and send them to Amazon’s warehouses. If you never wanted to leave your house this business is for you. No networking, no pants, and no shirt required.
2) Teaching/coaching/consulting what you know. Good with money? Amazing at HR? Excel at online dating? Teach it! We’re in the middle of an educational/informational boom – people want to learn, learn, learn! Don’t think that just because something comes naturally to you that everyone else must know how to do it, too. I’m 34 and I still suck at makeup, so the YouTube makeup tutorials are lifesavers for me. This requires very little set up and can be done from your living room. Some networking, no pants, but definitely a shirt required (unless how to go shirtless is your lesson).
3) Copywriting/copyediting. If you have a way with words or understand what the hell a semi-colon is and how to use it, become a copywriter/copyeditor. Again, we’re in an informational boom, so with people producing more content there is more work for professional writers and editors to make that content catchy and grammatically correct. Possible networking, no pants, and no shirt required.
Note from Leslie:
Several of the easy work from home suggestions above recommended that you take something you already know to make money from it. I agree that this is not only the easiest way, but also the fastest to make money at home. Since there can be a learning curve to working at home, choosing something you already know or have experiences doing is one less thing you have to learn. All you have to do is figure out how to get paid for it. The experts this week offered many great easy work from home ideas including:
- Finding a work-at-home job that needs your skill set
- Freelancing your skill using sites like Upwork.
- Teaching what you know through online courses
- Sharing what you know through a blog
- Selling your craft goods
There were several other great ideas as well.
Too often, when people decide to work at home, they search for options online without first considering their own interests, talents, and experiences, which in fact are the first things you should think about.
Work At Home Success Expert tips is published every Friday. To see more great work-at-home tip and ideas from successful home based professionals, check out other expert tip posts.
Do you have an easy work from home idea? Let us know in the comments below.Work at home experts share their tips and ideas for easy work from home options that you can start quickly. @fromsumit @TakeLessons @some_smoe #workathomeClick To Tweet