There is an adage that says to make money you need to spend money. Fortunately, that isn’t necessarily true. At least, it’s not as expensive to work from home as it was when I started. Here is a list of free work at home tools and resources to help you find a job, start a business, freelance, make money online and more!
Also, don’t miss our Recommended Tools and Resources to Help You Work At Home.
Free Resources for Work-At-Home Jobs
Free Places to Search for Work-At-Home Jobs
First, check the Work-At-Home Success Job board. It’s free and two boards in one.
- Monster.com – Search using “work at home” or “telecommute”. Make sure you know how to screen for scams and biz ops.
- Beyond.com – Search using “work at home” or “telecommute”. Make sure you know how to screen for scams and biz ops.
- CareerBuilder – Search using “work at home” or “telecommute”. Make sure you know how to screen for scams and biz ops.
- Indeed Telecommuting Jobs
- Adzuna Has worldwide job search options as well.
Free Resume Help
- Free Resume – Free resume templates
- Hloom – Free resume templates
- Interview Skills Tutorial
- Resume.com – Free resume builder
Free Resources to Learn about Work-At-Home Jobs
- How to Find a Remote Job and Start Working at Home (free report)
- Work-At-Home Success Telecommuting Information
Free Resources to Make Money Online
Free Resources about Blogging
I love blogging as a way to make money online because it’s completely flexible (you can do it anytime and anywhere) and you have total control over what you do and how you do it. It can be time consuming to create content, and it can take time generate an income. But if you do the right type of work and are consistent, it’s a great way to turn your knowledge, interest, or passion into income.
Here are a few free resources you can grab to help you learn about blogging and set up a blog.
Free Blogging Options
- Weebly– Free website and blogging.
- WordPress – WordPress.com is free, although if you want to make money, I recommend going with WordPress.org’s script. This script is free but it does require webhosting, which is not free. I mention it here only because most blogging experts agree that WordPress self-hosted is the best blog option. However, if you’re just testing the waters, Blogger or other free options will work too.
Free Tools for Your Blog or Website
- DisclosurePolicy.org – Generate a disclosure policy for your blog or website
- Google Analytics – Free website traffic stats.
- Grammerly – Free spelling and grammar checker
- Rafflecopter – Free tool to help run contests and giveaways
- Random.org – Randomly choose giveaways and contests winners
- SmallSEOTools – Plagiarism checker, ideal to insure your guest bloggers or writers aren’t using someone else’s words
Free Resources to Learn About Blogging
- 5 Steps to Setting Up a WordPress Blog (use the PDF option at the end of the article to download)
- Coming soon…WAHS Free Report on Blogging for Bucks!
Free Resources about Affiliate Marketing
Many people combine affiliate marketing with blogging. While it’s true that blogging and affiliate marketing go together well, there are several ways to make money blogging, and other ways to promote affiliate links other than a blog. Here are a few free resources to help you get started in affiliate marketing:
Free Affiliate Resources
Free Resources to Learn About Affiliate Marketing
Free Affiliate Bootcamp: This is an extensive free affiliate marketing training that is focused on funnel marketing (as opposed to using blogs) to build an affiliate business. I’ve taken the course and used many of the tips and ideas it suggests.
Free Online Income Ideas and Resources
- eBay – Okay…so eBay isn’t free, but you don’t have to invest money upfront. You can list and sell items and not pay the fees until your item sells. Start by selling stuff around your house and you can start making money without investing anything out of pocket.
- Amazon – Okay…so Amazon isn’t free either, but you don’t have to invest money upfront. You can list and sell items and not pay the fees until your item sells. Plus Amazon gives you a shipping credit. Start by selling stuff around your house and you can start making money without investing anything out of pocket.
- GearLaunch – You can set up a dropship online store for no upfront free, although like eBay and Amazon, you’ll need to pay fees based on your sales. You can check out WAHS’ overview of Gearlaunch here.
Free Resources to Learn about Other Online Income Options
- How to Build an Amazon FBA Business Today (free ebook)
- 7 Ways to Make Money Writing Online
- Watch 2 Free Videos from the Work-At-Home Success Virtual Summit
Free Productivity, Work, Money Management, and Marketing Resources
Free Management and Productivity Tools
One of the biggest challenges to work-at-home success is managing time and tasks. These tools can help:
- Airtable – Free spreadsheet and data table management tool
- ClickBook – Free online appointment scheduling
- Doodle – Scheduling tool that syncs all of your calendars together
- FreedCamp – Free project management tool
- Evernote – Notebook style to store notes, research, to-dos and more
- Google Calendar – Online calendar and app that is customizable and sharable.
- RescueTime – Keep track of where your time is going
- Slack – Cloudbased collaboration. Many companies use this and can be helpful if you outsource to VAs in your home business.
- Todoist – Task management
- Trello – Free project management program
- Wrike – Task and project management tool
Free Document Tools
- GoogleDocs – Full suite of document tools including word processing, spreadsheets, slide presentation and more.
- OpenOffice – Full suite of document tools including word processing, spreadsheets, slide presentation and more.
- PrimoPDF – If you already have Word, you can save as PDF, but if you don’t, you can use this create PDF files.
Free Communication Tools
- FaxZERO – Fax up to three pages twice a day for free
- FreeConferenceCall.com – Free conference and video calls
- LetterMeLater – Schedule emails to be sent later
- Skype – Free call, video chat, and instant message for Skye to Skype users. Skype to landlines for small fee.
- WebEx – Free video conferencing
- Zoom – Video and web conferencing service (used to create WAHS Virtual Summit interviews)
Free Money Management Tools
Whether you’re working as an employee, contractor, or self-employed, it’s important to keep on top of your finances.
Free Social Media and Marketing Tools
- BoardBooster – Scheduler 500 pins a month on Pinterest
- Buffer – Social media management tool. Manage up to 3 accounts and up to 10 scheduled posts on the free version.
- Facebook – Free social media marketing platform
- Free Press Release – Submit your press release for free
- Hootsuite – Manage up to
53 social media profiles for free
- HubSpot – Free email signature generator
- Instagram – Free photo sharing media platform
- LinkedIn – Professional social networking website
- Lumen5 – Turn your blog posts into videos
- MailChimp – Free email marketing for up to 2,000 contacts
- OneSignal – Send out push notifications on your website online or by app
- Pinterest – Visual pin board marketing platform (it’s the number one source of social media traffic to WAHS!)
- SendInBlue – Free email marketing that offers unlimited contacts, up to 300 emails a day on the free version.
- Survey Monkey – Allows you to collect feedback and analyze your data
- Twitter – Free social media marketing platform
Free Graphic Editors and Stock Photo Resources
- Burst – Free stock photos
- Canva – Simple design platform and photo editor. Many free photos, layouts, and font options, as well as some you can buy for $1. I have upgraded to make converting photos for use between social media platforms easier.
- Dreamstime – Free stock photos and images
- FreeDigitalPhotos.net – Free stock photos
- FreeImages.com – Free stock photos
- FreeMediaGoo.com – Free stock photos
- FreePhotoBank.com – Free stock photos
- FreeRangeStock.com– Free stock photos
- FontSquirrel – Free fonts
- GIMP – Free photo editing similar to Photoshop
- Morguefile.com – Free stock photos for commercial use
- OpenShot – Free video editing software
- Pexels – Free stock photos
- Pixabay.com – Free stock photos
- ResizeImage.net – Resize images (i.e. Facebook image to Pinterest) without losing quality
- Unsplash.com – Free stock photos
- WikimediaCommons – This is one where you’ll want to be sure to read any rules about attribution.
Don’t forget to check out these resources on WAHS that offer free ways to make money:
- 8 Steps to Creating Multiple Income Streams (with free printable)
- 58 Smartphone Apps that Pay You
- How to Make Money with Surveys.
- Get Paid for Your Opinion