Get Started Working At Home
Most people jump into working at home without understanding what its all about. Or they look for the wrong types of work in the wrong places. As a result they run the risk of getting scammed. Don’t let that be you!!! You can avoid the duds and find success working at home by following the steps below.
1) Learn about working at home.
Work-At-Home Success is filled with great information and resources all on working at home. Read about telecommuting and home business. Learn how to spot scams. Here are some of the most popular articles on the site:
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Working At Home
- How to Find Legitimate Work-At-Home Jobs
- Home Business 101
- Six Criteria for Choosing a Home Business Opportunity
- Avoid Scams
Work-At-Home Success posts new tips, resources, and ideas regularly, so check back often to for new content. If you’re looking for something specific, use categories, tags or the search box to find what you need.
2) Make a list of your talents, experiences, hobbies, and passions.
If you read some of the Work-At-Home Success profiles, you’ll see that everyone who successfully works at home taps into something they already know, do, or love.
Searching “work at home” at Google is just as likely to get you involved in a scam or a work-at-home op that you don’t like. Just like you’d start with your skills and experience in a traditional job search, you want to do the same when working at home, whether in a job or home business. However, you can also include your passions, hobbies and interests, as many have turned those into home-based income as well.
3) Match your talents and interest to money making ideas.
Is there a job related to your skills? Is there a need for your talents on a freelance basis? Can you turn that hobby into a home business? For example, if you have retail or customer service experience, you can work at home in virtual sales (i.e. Home Shopping Network) or customer service.
Here are some resources you can check to help you match your skills, experience, and interests to legitimate work-at-home job options.
- Free Work-At-Home Success Job Board
- 150+ Entry-Level Work-At-Home Jobs
- 60 Work-At-Home Jobs that Pay Weekly
- 30 Companies that have Work-At-Home Jobs with Benefits
- Big List of Work-At-Home Jobs that Let You Set Your Schedule
- 40+ Companies that Hire Home-Based Workers Worldwide
Here is information on some popular work-at-home options:
- Surveys: How to Make Money with Surveys
- Blogging: Blogging 101
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Marketing 101
- Freelance Writing: Freelance Writing 101
- Amazon FBA: How to Make Money at Home Selling on Amazon FBA
- Typing Jobs (transcription, data entry etc): 43 Typing Jobs that Pay $10 to $75 Per Hour
- Customer Service: How to Get Customer Service Jobs
- Clerical Jobs (i.e Virtual Support): 14+ Places to Find Work-At-Home Clerical Jobs
- Moderator Jobs: 15 Work-At-Home Online Moderator Jobs
- Teaching/Tutoring: 16 Online Work-At-Home Teaching and Tutoring Jobs
- Smartphone Apps: 58 Smartphone Apps that Pay You
- Mystery Shopping: Get Paid to Shop: 20+ Mystery Shopping Jobs
4) Find out how you can afford to work at home.
Run the numbers to learn how much traditional jobs cost and how much you may be able to save by working at home. Running numbers is boring, but very important to knowing what you need to earn to become a Work-At-Home Success.com
5) Be patient and tenacious.
As nice as it would be to find a high-paying work-at-home job or quickly profitable online income, the truth is, these things can take time. How much time? It’s true that there are people who find a job within a few weeks or build a solid home-based income within a few months, but the average person takes six months to two years to work at home. If you want to fast track your work-at-home success, you need to:
- Do the work. You won’t find a job or build a business in snippets of free time. Work-at-home success comes to those who do the right work daily.
- Don’t give in to the frustration and disappointment that often comes with looking for a job or building a business.
- Focus on the tasks that lead to generating income. Too many people waste time on busy work, and then wonder why they’re not getting anywhere.
- Make a commitment to work your work-at-home plan for at least a year.
Here are more articles to check out to speed up your work-at-home goal:
- The Foolproof Plan to Reach Work-At-Home Success in 2017
- 6 Steps to Work-At-Home Faster
- How to Set and Achieve Goals for Work-At-Home Success
- Dos and Don’ts for Work-At-Home Success
- How to Keep from Quitting Your Work-At-Home Dream
Still Stuck? Tips to Using WAHS…
There is a ton of information here and it can be hard to find it no matter how hard I try to organize it. Here are some tips to finding what you need and keeping up-to-date on working at home:
- Choose your general topic area from the menu bar. At the top of the page you’ll find a menu with “Start Here” (this page) and other general topic areas. These pages and resources can help you get started.
- Select a topic form the category list. In the sidebar you’ll find “Categories” with a drop down menu where you can select a topic covered at WAHS such as “telecommuting” or “blogging.”
- Use the search box. Are you looking for a specific topic not found on the menu or categories. Use the search box underneath the categories box in the sidebar to find what you’re looking for.
- Check out WAHS’s videos here or at YouTube for tips on searching for jobs and more.
New jobs, information, resources and success stories go up every week. To make sure you don’t miss out:
- Follow WAHS on social media, in particular Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. While WAHS is active on most networks, these resources receive the most updates. Social media link options are to the right in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the WAHS News. Not only are you kept up to date on new stuff, but subscribers get exclusive jobs and content delivered directly to your email. Sign up in the sidebar or subscription box above.