Most people jump into working at home without understanding what its all about. Or they look for the wrong types of work in the wrong places. As a result they run the risk of getting scammed. Don’t let that be you!!! You can avoid the duds and find success working at home by following the steps below:
1) Learn about working at home.
Work-At-Home Success is filled with great information and resources all on working at home. Read about telecommuting and home business. Learn how to spot scams. Here are some of the most popular articles on the site:
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Working At Home
- WAHS Telecomuting Job Board
- Companies with work-at-home jobs
- Home Business 101
- Six Criteria for Choosing a Home Business Opportunity
- Avoid Scams
2) Make a list of your talents, experiences, hobbies, and passions.
Nearly everyone who successfully works at home taps into something they already know, do, or love. Searching “work at home” at Google is just as likely to get you involved in a scam or a work-at-home op that you don’t like. Just like you’d start with your skills and experience in a traditional job search, you want to do the same when working at home, whether in a job or home business. However, you can also include your passions, hobbies and interests, as many have turned those into home-based income as well.
3) Match your talents and interest to money making ideas.
Is there a job related to your skills? Is there a need for your talents on a freelance basis? Can you turn that hobby into a home business? Work-At-Home Success has a free work-at-home job board, or check out the many articles on home business and success stories of people who made working at home a reality.
4) Check the WAHS Opportunities and Job pages.
These resources offer information and specific work-at-home options and jobs.
5) Sign up for the Work-At-Home Success newsletter.
You’ll get the Jobs Online report and other free reports to help you get started. Plus you’ll get other great tips and resources to help you finally succeed at working at home!
6) Find out how you can afford to work at home.
Run the numbers to learn how much traditional jobs cost and how much you may be able to save by working at home. Running numbers is boring, but very important to knowing what you need to earn to become a Work-At-Home Success.com
Still Stuck? Tips to Using WAHS…
There is a ton of information here and it can be hard to find it no matter how hard I try to organize it. Here are some tips to finding what you need and keeping up-to-date on working at home:
- Choose your general topic area from the menu bar. At the top of the page you’ll find a menu with “Start Here” (this page) and other general topic areas. These pages and resources can help you get started.
- Select a topic form the category list. In the sidebar you’ll find “Categories” with a drop down menu where you can select a topic covered at WAHS such as “telecommuting” or “blogging.”
- Use the search box. Are you looking for a specific topic not found on the menu or categories. Use the search box underneath the categories box in the sidebar to find what you’re looking for.
New jobs, information, resources and success stories go up every week. To make sure you don’t miss out:
- Follow WAHS on social media, in particular Facebook or Twitter. While WAHS is active on most networks, these two resources receive the most updates. Social media link options are to the right in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the WAHS News. Not only are you kept up to date on new stuff, but subscribers get exclusive jobs and content delivered directly to your email. Sign up in the sidebar or subscription box above.
- Add WAHS to your feed reader. If you use Feedly or some other feed reader, add WAHS to it to be notified when new content is added.