Guest Post from Jackie Ulmer
Part Time Home Business Builders make up the largest majority of those working from home. Don’t be fooled though! It is very possible to build a full time business and income with part time effort. Just make sure that effort is focused on those important actions that create results.
Here are some ideas to make the most of a part time effort:
1. Your Calendar is Your Best Friend – Every Sunday evening, block out your calendar for those time slots that you have available to work your business. This may mean sacrificing a few things like TV for 4 hours a night, lunch out with the work gang, etc.
2. Make every moment count. Again, focus. If you block out 5 to 10 hours per week, you must make the most of that time. That is not the time you spend lost in email; listening to company voice mail, opening mail, designing a flyer, etc. This is time that is spent doing one of three things – sharing your business with someone who might be interested or a good referral partner, asking someone new to take a look and getting it on the schedule, following up with someone who has seen it, or taking an order/making a sale. That’s about it. It can vary a little based on your business, of course!
3. You must have a simple and organized system for working your business. Develop systems that support you in the process.
4. Be consistent and persistent. Honor your business time and demand that others honor it, too. Get your calls out of the way early on, so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your day, doing whatever. It’s not about full time hours, but focused productivity.
5. Be prepared to share and work on your business while out and about. People are everywhere who may be interested in your products, your business, or know others who they can refer. Carry business cards and information and build relationships with people!
A full time effort has nothing to do with the hours available in the day. It’s what you do with that time that counts!
About the author: Jackie Ulmer is a full time wife, mom and home business owner, starting her first Direct Sales business in January, 1994. Since that time, she has risen to the ranks of the top income earner in 3 companies, and built a training company to support other rising Direct Sales Stars. Learn more about her and her programs at http://JackieUlmer.com
Leslie Truex is an ideaphoric writer, speaker, entrepreneur, social worker and mom trying to do it all from the comfort of her home. Since 1998, she's been helping others create careers they love by providing work-at-home information and resources through Work-At-Home Success.
Note: Work-At-Home Success contains advertising as well as screened work-at-home jobs and resources. Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you register or buy using the link. Occasionally, WAHS publishes "Supporting Contributor" posts or paid reviews for which compensation is paid. These posts are marked as such. All opinions are my own.
View complete details on WAHS' privacy and disclosures.