How to Make Money Fast Working From Home
Many people who look for work at home opportunities want options that will make money fast. While there is no get-rich-quick, there are ways you can generate extra income, and possibly even a living income fairly quickly from home.
We asked our experts to give us tips and ideas about how to make money working from home, and to make it quickly. From selling old equipment and supplies, to renting out your wardrobe or home, these tips can get you started on creating a decent side income.
“A quick tip to make money at home fast is to use the sharing economy to rent your things. You can rent an extra room for storage, your car, your parking space, your garden, your tools etc. The sky is the limit! It’s a very easy, and effective way to make money fast.”
Freelance your skills. Everybody has skills that they can offer. Perhaps proofreading, or content writing, or basically anything you’re good at. No matter what you have skills in, odds are there’s somebody who’d pay you to do it for them. Whilst the ‘passive income’ dream has turned most off
freelance work, it is the quickest way to get started and is an easy business idea to start
1) Freelance. There are a plethora of online freelance services and websites which allow skilled individuals to find quick, straight forward tasks and assignments from various companies that, importantly, pay well. Not only will this earn you money quickly while utilizing your marketable skills and abilities, it helps you to build up a roster of employers who may return to you with gigs or provide a valuable recommendation for your LinkedIn and online profiles.
2) Get rid of your excess stuff. Professionals build up a tremendous amount of unused supplies which can earn them quick and easy money. From software disks and licenses to PC peripherals, most of the junk you have lying around that you’ve disregarded can be easily sold for a quick buck to individuals who are looking to save on MSRP.
Sell Some Of Your Old Things – It’s easy to forget about some of the things we have because of how infrequently we use them. If you constantly find items you hardly use and can do without them, consider selling the belongings. It’s an easy way to make money at home and your odds of earning more can be increased after giving your home a quick clean to find even more to let go of. You can hold an old school yard sale or if you want to get more eyes on what you’re selling post them online.
Rent Out Your Clothes – For those with a flair for style and a large wardrobe, renting your clothes may be the money-making opportunity you’ve been looking for. If you’re protective of your belongings you can restrict your rentals to just your family and friends. If not, open it up to all takers. This is an easy way to make money off of things that may just be sitting in your closet and what’s better is that when it’s all said and done, you still get to keep your clothes.
Start Your Own Blog – If you are particularly passionate about something, consider starting your own blog. By doing this, you will be able to write about what you love and connect with people who have the same interests. As you build up a following, you can open your site up to advertisers or sponsored posts, opportunities that come with money and free things. Top bloggers make thousands of dollars each month for just sharing their passions online.
Start a blog, use social media to support the blog and drive traffic, use Affiliate Links in your blog posts to get paid by brands to mention their products/services, and become an Influencer on social media (by having a large following) to also get paid by brands to post about their products/services.
Find a side hustle to supplement your income – whether that’s driving for Uber/Lyft or delivering groceries for Instacart/Shipt, or responding to online surveys – find ways to make a little extra cash in your spare time.
Get paid for your hobbies – for instance, if you take great photos, you can submit them to stock photo sites and then you can get paid for anyone else who buys your stock photo.
One of the fastest ways homeowners can make money quickly from home is by renting out resources they already own. Here are some apps that can help people make money quickly and easily:
1. Rent out your driveway: If you have an extra spot in your driveway, carport, or garage, you can rent it out to drivers looking for affordable parking, especially if you live near a college campus or popular venue.
2. Let people borrow your bike with Spinlister: You can rent out bike, skis, and surfboards out on Spinlister. The site is popular with travelers from out of town or people who aren’t quite ready to purchase their own equipment. Listers are covered by damage and theft protection and Spinlister only takes a 17..5% fee when an item is rented.
3. Make money with Airbnb by renting out extra rooms: Airbnb has gained massive popularity worldwide for its comfortable and affordable alternative to hotels. If you’re leaving your home for an extended period of time or you have a spare room, consider becoming an Airbnb host. Hosts have complete control over pricing, availability, and the way you interact with guests. You can make $1,000+ each month, and you get to keep 97% of the earnings.
1. Become a freelancer and start doing jobs for people. You can create an account on a popular freelancing site such as Upwork.com and start applying for jobs. People will literally tell you what they need done, so you can filter by keyword based on your skills. If you get hired, you can get paid $10 an hour or even $100 an hour, depending on your skill set.
2. Create an informational product that people want to buy and sell it online. The speed of this method depends on how fast you can create the
product. I know someone who created a book about backyard chicken farming in two weeks and started running ads to people who liked chickens. They started buying, and he started making money.
3. You can become an affiliate marketer for different companies. If you’re a member of groups or online communities, you can share your thoughts and reviews and get people to sign up or purchase products through your affiliate link. When they do, you get paid.
Note from Leslie
I’m a big believer in choosing a work-at-home option that you can get excited about. Unfortunately, those options aren’t always a way to make money quickly. Fast income options can work, but may not be something you can sustain to build a steady, full time income. With those two caveats out of the way, here are my suggestions for making money fairly quickly:
- Sell your stuff. There are many places beyond eBay and Amazon where you can sell your stuff and have money within the week.
- Sell your skill. You can get paid to do microtasks or check out freelance sites for work. The freelance sites can help you create a portfolio that you can turn into a freelance or service-based home business.
- Make money doing things you already do. There are a ton of phone apps that will pay in cash or giftcards (to be used at WalMart, Amazon, etc).
Check out these other articles for more ideas and resources.