This post may include affiliate links or compensated content. Click here for our disclosure policy
Jessica Higgins, JD MBA BB is a researcher, consultant and marketing communications professional. Her research and books help executives and everyday people better understand the impacts of emerging cultural trends. She holds executive and board positions in companies in technology, consulting and the arts. Her book, The 12 Essential Business Communication Skills, released in September of 2018.
1) How did you get started working from home?
We have a completely digital agency who lives around the world so we simply don’t need an office in any particular place. I tried the co-working space model but it doesn’t work for me. Entrepreneurs prefer flexibility
2) How did you choose the work-at-home career you do?
My clients choose me, and as long as they keep doing so I’m happily in business.
3) How did you get started (basic initial steps)?
When I was younger I always wanted to be a writer, and then one day a few years ago I just made the leap into doing my passion.
4) How did you get your first client or customer or job?
My social network. People see what I do, and just call. I do no marketing.
5) How do you market your business?
I don’t! People take notice.
6) What does your usual day look like?
You have to anchor your day to maintain discipline. Pilates every morning and a glass of tequila every night are the only two constants, with podcasts throughout the day.
7) What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started?
Entrepreneurship is terrifying and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. You need a thick skin in this world.
8) What advice would you give someone who wants to work from home?
Find Jessica Higgins Online:
Facebook: Jessica HigginsDiscover how Jessica Higgins started a successful career working from home doing what she loves @jessquired #workathome #successprofile #dowhatyouloveClick To Tweet