Selling information is nothing knew. In fact, some of the first home-based big-money earners sold information products through mail order. Tony Robbins took it a step further and sold his program via infomercial. But you don’t need to know how sell real estate, trade stocks or build personal power to make a living selling information. People are willing to pay for information to solve their problems whether it’s keeping the deer from eating the tulips, how to speak a foreign language, play the drums or feed a family of five for $1 a day.
How much can an information business make? Well, like any business, there are those making a ton and those who make nothing. But the potential is huge. In fact, many of the regular Joe’s you run across who’ve found financial freedom online have done it by creating and selling information.
Odds are you know something that others would be willing to pay to learn how to do. Figuring that out is the first step. Once you have your idea, all you need to do to make money at it is:
- Do a keyword search to see if others are searching for information on your idea.
- Figure out the best way to deliver your information. Ebook? Vidoes? A full course? Webinars?
- Create your information product. Today the tools to create PDFs, videos and other information products are easy to use and affordable. Some are even free.
- Build a website to sell your information product. This might be the hardest part of the process if you’re not tech savvy. But again, most web hosting services have many plug and play tools to help you build a website and helpful staff to answer your questions to get your product(s) online.
- Payment processing. PayPal is fast and easy. Or use ClickBank, which will take care of the EU’s new VAT tax and can allow you to offer your info product as an affiliate product that others will promote for you.
- Market, market, market. I believe most people struggle to make money from home because they don’t know how to market. Make a plan and work your plan every day to sell your information product.
It can take a little time to get your business running in the black, but there is a lot you can do to boost your income with an information business. In fact, Jimmy D. Brown, one of the first to make the big bucks with information online, has a free audio tutorial on how you can make an EXTRA $100,000 in your information business. I’ve been buying and learning from Jimmy for years. I love his programs because they are straight forward, give you the steps you need to do and are easy to follow. The only catch is this free audio is available today only (Thursday, March 12, 2015) .
Don’t miss a chance to learn how to make money online from the guy who does better than most. You won’t be asked to share your email or anything. Simply visit his site and listen!
Leslie Truex is an ideaphoric writer, speaker, entrepreneur, social worker and mom trying to do it all from the comfort of her home. Since 1998, she's been helping others create careers they love by providing work-at-home information and resources through Work-At-Home Success.
Note: Work-At-Home Success contains advertising as well as screened work-at-home jobs and resources. Some posts may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you register or buy using the link. Occasionally, WAHS publishes "Supporting Contributor" posts or paid reviews for which compensation is paid. These posts are marked as such. All opinions are my own. Click here for full details and disclosures.