Discover how private label rights (PLR) content can save you time in your online business!I’m in a private funnel group for women at Facebook, and recently someone posted a question about how other members got content. While several said they hired out for some of their content, I shared that as a die-hard DIYer, I often used private label rights (PLR) content.
What is Private Label Rights (PLR) Content?PLR is content you can buy, and then modify and post as your own. You can find PLR content of articles, ebooks, software, video, audio, and graphics.
What is the Advantage of Using PLR Content?I like PLR over writing from scratch or hiring a writer for several reasons including:
- PLR saves me a great deal of time compared to writing from scratch. If I want to write a report, I have to research, organize, and write. PLR gives a basic report already researched, organized, and written, and my time is spent tweaking to add or remove the content I want, and making it my own.
- PLR content is very affordable compared to hiring a writer. When you factor in the time involved in plotting and writing, I think buying PRL is cost effective, over writing from scratch, as well.
- You can modify the content of PLR so that it’s in your voice and style. With PLR rights, you can add, delete, rearrange and revise the content. In fact, to be unique, you should absolutely change PLR content. By modify, I don’t mean simply rewrite, but also you can often break up a report into articles, or combine articles into a report. PLR is extremely versatile.
- You can claim authorship and ownership of PLR. While someone else wrote the basic bones of the PLR content, because you’ve modified it, and as part of the license you’re given, you can put your name it and claim copyright.
Are there Downsides to PLR?There are a few reasons why you might not want to use PLR, such as:
- PLR content isn’t exclusive. While some PLR sources limit the number of licenses they sell, you’re still buying content that hundreds, maybe even thousands of others have bought and intend to use. This is why revising the content to make it unique is so important.
- The materials are often generic and boring, and some are poorly written. Again, this is why rewriting PLR content is important, so you can add your own voice and style to make the content interesting and unique to you.
- Some PLR has restrictions on how you can use it. For example, you may not be able to offer the content for free. Or you might not be able to use the same cover that comes with the report. While these limitations are mostly in master resale rights (MRR) materials, PLR content may have some restrictions as well so you should read the licence carefully.
How PLR Can Save You Time in Your Online Business
For the most part, I’ve used PLR content to create lead magnet and other freebies I offer in my online ventures. However, there are many ways you can use PLR to provide value while saving time in your online business.