This post may include affiliate links or compensated content. Click here for our disclosure policy
The New Year is always a time of starting new, starting over, and setting goals. Unfortunately, for too many, by the time February comes around, that new start and the desired goals are nearly forgotten.
Has that happened to you? Have you been wanting to work at home for some time, but haven’t been able to make it happen? This plan is designed to give you all the information, how-to’s and resources you need to finally make your work-at-home dream a reality. While this plan is foolproof, it doesn’t work on its own. You’ll need to make the time and put in the effort. But if you REALLY want to work from home, and can make the commitment to that goal, you can achieve work-at-home success in 2017.
This plan provides everything you need to know and you should work through in the order it’s written. If you jump down to jobs, but haven’t learned about what working at home is like, you’ll end up stuck like you are now.
The challenge to providing work-at-home information is that there is so much, that it can get overwhelming. To help you manage the information on this page, this plan starts with a 3-day outline on how to use the information on this page and put together your own plan to finally work at home in 2017!
So, without further ado, let’s get started…
Three Day Plan to Work-At-Home Success
Here’s a 3-day plan to work your way through this information AND come out the end with a plan to achieve your work-at-home goal in 2017:
Day One of Project Work-At-Home Success 2017
- Bookmark, pin or somehow save this page so you can come back to it.
- Set 30 to 60 minutes each day to work through this page, as well as to work on your other work-at-home tasks.
- Work through the “Get Ready” section below, paying close attention to learning what real WAH work involves and how to avoid scams.
Day Two of Project Work-At-Home Success 2017
- Read through the “Get Set” section.
- Make a list of all your skills, experience, and interests in your jobs, volunteer work and life in general. If you like to ride horses or motorcycles, write it down.
- Check out the links to WAH ideas to get more things you can consider in your WAH career.
Day Three of Project Work-At-Home Success 2017
- Read through the “Go” section with focus on the “Getting Started” resources.
- Pick 1-3 WAH ideas and begin researching them. If you want a WAH job, check out all the WAH job resources. If you’re thinking of a home business or freelancing, read through those.
- Using what you’ve discovered, make a plan to achieve your goal. That means, setting up your goal, determining the tasks that need to be done (i.e. write a resume or business plan), and scheduling your to-dos in your calendar, preferably doing something each day.
Get Ready to Work-At-Home
There are many reasons why people struggle to work from home. The most common I come across are:
- Looking for the wrong types of work in the wrong places
- Not focusing on the right tasks
- Giving up too soon
- Not being consistent in the work-at-home effort
Success in a home career requires that you give up the idea that you’ll find menial email or typing job on Google, sign up, and make a living wage starting today. You’ll continue to be stuck or worse, end up scammed, if you continue to look for fast and easy work-at-home options. That’s not to say working at home is complicated, but there is no sign-up-today-to-rich-tomorrow program.
Along with learning the right and wrong types of work-at-home options, you need to focus on the activity that makes money. While social media can be a great tool for finding work or promoting a home business, it’s also a huge time suck. Working at home requires staying the course and consistently doing the work that leads to making money. You won’t build a full-time income during your baby’s nap times or by working once a week.
What to do next:
Put in the foundation to your work-at-home dream by checking out the following resources:
- How to Really Make Money at Home
- 6 Steps to Work-At-Home Faster
- Learn How to Avoid Scams
- 8 Work-At-Home Scams to Watch Out For
- Work-At-Home Success Profiles: Read the stories of others who started with a dream of working at home, like you, and made it a reality. You’ll notice none do surveys, stuff envelops or any of the other “get rich quick” type offers and scams you come across online.
- Skills and Traits You Need to Be Successful Working At Home
Get Set to Work-At-Home
As mentioned, too often people go to Google, search “work at home,” and expect to find the ideal situation they can sign-up for and start today. This doesn’t work. It doesn’t matter if you want a work-at-home job or to start a business or freelance, your journey to a home-based career doesn’t start with a Google search. If you were looking for a traditional job, you wouldn’t go to Google would you? No, you’d start by making a list of the skills, experiences, and interests you have, and then match them to a job.
When it comes to working at home, you need to do the same. So before you search Google or job sites, you need to figure out what you have to offer someone who can pay you for your knowledge or skill.
What to Do Next:
- Make a list of the skills, experiences, interests, etc that you have. Don’t filter. Today it’s easier than ever to turn a passion or a hobby into a business or to find work related to it.
- Determine how your skills, experiences, interests etc can be sold as a skills, product and/or knowledge. For example, if you know bookkeeping, you can find a bookkeeping job or start a bookkeeping business (sell your skill), sell bookkeeping tools (product), or teach others how to bookkeep (knowledge).
- Start Here: Overview of starting your work-at-home journey
- 8 Ways to Get Hired to A Work-At-Home Job Faster
Make a list of viable work-at-home ideas. Here are some to help you:
- 8 Free Ways to Work-At-Home
- 90 Ways to Make Money At Home
- 7 Jobs You Can Do Part-Time
- 6 Jobs that Require Little to No Experience
Below you’re going to find resources for jobs, home business and more. This is where you take your list in Get Set and start looking for a job or building a business.
- How to Ask Your Boss to Work-At-Home
- Work-At-Home Job Opportunities in Your Backyard
- 5 Steps to Getting a Work-At-Home Job
- 12 Places to Find WAH Jobs
- How to Know if It’s a Legitimate Job or a Scam
- How to Write a Winning WAH Job Resume
- Home Business 101
- Home Business Legalities: Permits, etc
- 6 Criteria for Choosing a Home Business Opportunity
WAH Job Resources
- 300 Legitimate Companies that Pay You to Work-At-Home
- 40 Companies that Hire Home Based Workers Worldwide
- Weekly Paying Work-At-Home Jobs
- WAH Jobs that Let You Set Your Own Schedule
- Home Based Jobs for People with Disabilities
Specific WAH Job Information
- How to Make Money Typing At Home
- 15 Legitimate Data Entry Jobs
- How to Work-At-Home as a Virtual Assistant Plus VA Job Companies
- 16 Virtual Teacher/Tutor Job Resources
- 9 Companies that Hire Home Based Customer Service Reps
- Get Paid to Watch TV
Specific Home Business, Freelance or Online Income Information
- Realistic Ways to Make $500 to $1000 in 30 Days
- 6 Easy Ways to Make Money Online
- Blogging for Bucks 101
- Affiliate Marketing 101
- Start a Home Based Service Business Quickly and Cheaply
- How to Start a Virtual Assistant Business
- 5 Ways to Make Money On Social Media
- How to Succeed as a Freelancer
- 13 Well-Paying Online Freelance Jobs
- Freelance Writing 101
- Make Money Writing Online Plus Writing Job Resources
- Work At Home as an Online Moderator Plus 10 Moderator Jobs
- Make Money with Your Recipes
- Build a Successful Direct Sales Business
Extra Income Ideas (for mad money)
- 8 Ways to Make Extra Money on the Side
- Make and Save Money on Everyday Tasks
- 58 Smart Phone Apps that Pay You
- Get Paid to Mystery Shop Plus Mystery Shops Jobs
- Can You Make Money with Surveys Plus 8 Survey Sites
- Frustrated by Your WAH Job Search? How to Succeed in Getting a WAH Job
- What to Do If You’ve Been Scammed
- 3 Reasons Your Online Venture Isn’t Making Money
Beyond Day Three of Project Work-At-Home Success 2017
At this point, you have the information and resources, now it’s a matter of taking consistent, regular action to make your dream a reality. Of course, you may have questions along the way. To help you, I’ve re-instated the Work-At-Home Success Kickstart, where you can come and ask questions, find support, and get resources from me and other work-at-home experts. To help keep it safe from scammers and trolls, it is a private group, and you’ll need to request access. Once approved, you can use the site to get the help, encouragement, and resources to continue you journey to Work-At-home Success.
[bctt tweet=”Check out this foolproof plan to #workathome in 2017!” username=”@ltruex”]