Work-At-Home Success Profile: Dez Stephens
Dez Stephens is the founder of Radiant Health Institute, a consortium of holistic educators, providers and practitioners dedicated to enhancing lives through special events, holistic coach training and meaningful publishing. She is also a certified life coach, master trainer and marketing strategist.
1) How did you get started working from home?
I got started working from home when I decided to give entrepreneurship a try.
2) How did you choose the work-at-home career you do?
I was a certified life coach who always found myself being asked about coach training, so I decided to form an institute to do so.
3) How did you get started (basic initial steps)?
I founded my LLC with me as the sole founding member. I applied for a state and federal trademark to protect my name, logo and such. I created a website and started a social media campaign.
4) How did you get your first client or customer or job?
I began a pilot program to train 20 students to test out my curriculum.
5) How do you market your business?
I primarily market my business through social media and word-of-mouth.
6) What does your usual day look like?
I train one week per month but otherwise I spend approximately 4 hours per day on my laptop promoting my institute. I go to yoga, maybe get a massage and meet a friend for lunch.
7) What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started?
What I wish I knew when I started was that I could procure government contracts (which I now do).
8) What advice would you give someone who wants to work from home?
The advice I would give someone who wants to work from home is to ENJOY the process! We work hard when we work for ourselves, so it’s important to actually enjoy working for ourselves.
Purchase Her Book: Radiant Careers: Holistic Life Coaches Share How Radiant Your Career Can Be