Work-At-Home Success Profile: Gina Riley
Gina graduated in 2010 from University of South Florida with a Bachelors’ of Science majoring in Finance. She has over 15 years of experience in accounting, payroll, and many other specialized areas and industries, she understands a growing company’s needs.
1) How did you get started working from home?
I worked for a CPA firm for several years on a part time basis, soon after the owner of the firm retired in 2013, I started ClearView Accounting Solutions (Bookkeeping). I realized during those years how many business owners needed help with their accounting and payroll.
2) How did you choose the work-at-home career you do?
While working for the CPA firm I realized bookkeeping could be a work-at-home profession.
3) How did you get started (basic initial steps)?
I decided on my business name, formed the corporation, and created a website.
4) How did you get your first client or customer or job?
My first client came from Craigslist.
5) How do you market your business?
I hired a firm to handle my marketing.
6) What does your usual day look like?
I get up at 6:00am, look over my calendar for the day, answer emails, log into LinkedIn and engage in conversations, around 8:30 I put makeup/get dressed as if I’m going into an office setting, work, do a little cardio, eat lunch around noon, go back to work, stretch, work, and try to wrap things up around 5:00pm.
7) What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started?
I wish I would have hired the marketing firm when I started. It is not my expertise and they offer numerous beneficial suggestions.
8) What advice would you give someone who wants to work from home?
Make sure you get up, get dressed as if you are going into an office. If not you could find yourself lounging around all day and not being productive.
Website: ClearView Bookkeeping
Facebook: ClearView Bookkeeping
Linked In: Gina Riley